Identity Crisis

I read in some newspapers that China will have the largest economy in the world by two decades now. Remember that two decades is not a long period to wait for that achievement. It is the time when a recently born child will be 20 years old ! I'm very happy for China's astonishing achievements.

I'm a citizen of its neighboring country, Nepal. Having richer and successful neighbors not only make us happy but also provide some ways of identification. For example, we can say that Nepal is near to CHINA. Even these days, I NEED to say my friends that Nepal is a small country that is situated in between China and India. Then, they understand the location.

However, I don't want to introduce my country referring to my neighbors. I want our own identity. However, current situation in my country doesn't show a single hope for that. If the ambient continues, I will not have any other options to introduce my country other than referring to the neighbors. I fear that we may get another identity, "the failed state" :(.

Why don't our politicians learn from the past? Why don't they study JUST the neighbors? Why don't they understand that current China is not the Maoist country?...I have thousands of such WHYs in mind. Sometimes, I think I should be a leader because I know something. But I also know that having knowledge and skills don't work to become a successful leader in my country. Take an example, a father recommends (appoints) his daughter a vice-president not because of her skills but to keep his family's influence on the politics. What a stupid leader! What a shameful situation! These are the few facts that actually hinder to get our own identity and, therefore, creating the identity crisis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment